Friday, February 1, 2008

"God dag" from Denmark

I'm writing this from the Baker Oil Tools office in Esbjerg, Denmark... I'll be here for the next few weeks to assist in the installation of one of the tools I designed (really the first tool I had a lot of control over). Its cold, windy and rainy here, but I'm just at the office; the rig is located in the North Sea, and its going to be colder, windier and wetter there. I'll get to fly on a helicopter out to the rig, which is another first (a lot of firsts going on in the last year and a half or so).

The people here are great... unfortunately with the weather there hasn't been a lot to take pictures of, but if I do get the chance, I'll be taking some and posting here.

Its tough being away from home for so long, but I'm liking that I get to do this traveling... this is my second trip here to Esbjerg, and hopefully with this trip and the others that I've taken in the last year, we'll have enough frequent-flier miles that Suja and I can take advantage of the miles and get a few weekend trips done by summertime...

No comments: